Gujarati Chicken Daal Cooking Recipe Ingredients:
- Chicken with bone ½ kg
- Gram lentils 250 gm
- Onion 1 medium
- Tomatoes 2
- Green chilies 4
- Water 2 glass
- Coriander leaves ¼ bunch
- Ghee ¼ cup
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Paste :
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Rushed black pepper 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder ½ tsp
- Nutmeg mace ground ½ tsp
Gujarati Chicken Daal Cooking Recipe Method:
- Cut ½ kg chicken into pieces, soak 250 gm gram lentils for 2 hours.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan, add ginger garlic paste and 4 chopped green chilies. Fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- In a bowl put together ½ cup water, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tbsp crushed black pepper, ½ tsp cinnamon powder and ½ tsp ground nutmeg & mace. Mix well.
- Now pour this spice mixture to the pan, fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Then add chicken and fry well for 3 – 4 minutes. Now add soaked lentils, salt to taste and water as required. Cook on low flame for 20 – 25 minutes.
- In another pan heat ¼ cup ghee, add in 1 chopped onion and fry till golden brown. Turn the flame off and keep aside.
- Cut 2 tomatoes into thin round slices. Add to the lentils mixture and fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Now add in onion baghar, 1 tsp all spice powder and ¼ bunch of coriander leaves.
- Dish it out and serve hot.